Friday, June 27, 2014

Page from my Mixed Media Art Journal

Hey there!

I wanted to share a page from my Art Journal. I used to think that art journaling stopped at the pre-teen years but discovered that like with any art form, it has no age restrictions. I really enjoyed creating this mixed media page with scraps of found paper, gesso, and acrylic paints.



I transformed the simple black hardcover with a printed fabric and a large decorative button.
 Step 1 - I used Decoupage Glue to bond this background paper to two pages of my journal. 

Step 2 - I used Gesso to mute the designs so that only the sections I wanted would peek through

 Step 3: Then I added yellow and red acrylic paint and scrap papers. I used bubble wrap to press and titanium white to make textured designs on the page.






Step 4: Then, I added a few more touches, an old picture of myself at 18 I found in my scrap container and a few words. Then, dusted it with some glitter paint and a generous coat of Clear Glaze.







No comments:

Post a Comment