Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pages from my Farewell Tribute Notebook

Hey There!

Today, I share a few pages of one of my most cherished notebooks - one of the few that made the journey with me once I immigrated to the States at the end of Fall semester 2009. It features comments of well-wishes and gratitude from former students and colleagues - a farewell tribute notebook.

Teaching is not my first love. In fact, I have had this love-hate relationship with it since 2006. So, whenever I feel like all my efforts are futile, when the students in this country look at me with glassy-eyes or furrowing brows, I look back on this C R Gibson journal where past students have left me messages of hope, messages that say that I somehow made a difference in their lives.



Here are some pages from my former students :)












2 comments:

  1. Wandeka,

    You've done much more than news stories for me since. Trust me. (Only attempted the newsrooms once...it worked) I love your confidence and your resilience! That motivates me! Smiles... Still a simple "Thanks!"

    ReplyDelete