Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Page From My Story-Drafts Book


Hey there!

The muse always calls me at the most inconvenient moments - like this morning on the bus when my story-writing drafts book was tucked away in my bag. I never write or read when traveling because of pesky motion sickness.












I had this Chekhov volume from the library in hand because I had planned to read one of the stories my writing prof suggested while I waited for the bus. The bus came lumbering down the road just as I cracked it open, but something about the smell of the book triggered a memory of summer days and despite general feeling of nausea, I jotted something down...in the library book...in pencil...and I swear I will erase it...lol and later transcribe it to the notebook stipulated for said purpose. :)



That notebook is a grey Semikolon notebook from TJMaxx in January and I have been using it for brainstorming and  writing my short stories.







<--- This page is a recent writing session for my story, "Birdie."

It was actually going well. I know it doesn't appear that way. lol.


Writing using paper and pen has always been my method. Once I get to the computer, I am in the revision stages.

There is something personal and intimate about using a fine-point gel pen to create meaningful strokes on sturdy sheets of paper.






Favorite Things:


I love the thick, textured, off white pages!! ------------------------------>


I love that it's not too fancy, like the ones I use for daily journaling, but not plain either! It can take abuse and I think that gives it character.

I like the pattern on the inside of the cover. 










No comments:

Post a Comment