Saturday, June 21, 2014

From my Writing/Art Collage Notebook

Hey there!

This post features my first writing/collage memory book. One exercise to keep my writing muscles active is to write from prompts each day. I found this great spiral bound drawing book with a ruled page on the left and a blank space on the right for illustration and immediately knew I wouldn't just be sketching on the right-hand side. So, I created a prompt jar with questions I wanted to explore about myself.  Here is one of my favorite pages I created in June 2013 on the prompt - "What effect does music have on you?"



 For closer views, just click each image and have a read. ;)


I purchased this grey, spiral-bound Artist Loft notebook from Michaels. Normally, I don't care for spiral bound books (though I have about four ruled notebooks that are spiral bound and more than 10 spiral bound sketchbooks...lol) but I just LOVED the idea of the space to write and space to draw. It was a perfect way to merge my two interests.



Favorite things:




  • The lined pages are separated from the blank spaces
  • The crisp white pages here are sturdy (though I am partial to tan, brown, and off-white pages) 






No comments:

Post a Comment