Saturday, July 12, 2014

Page from my Largest Art Journal

 Hey there!

Today's page comes from my giant (12 x 14) Artist's Loft art journal I purchased from Michaels that sat on my art/sketchbook shelves for a year without use.

It originally had a black hardcover but I redesigned it with scraps from my old Desigual and Africa Import handbags (I am in love with prints, so when one of my dresses or bags becomes shameful to be traipsing around in, I cut it into scraps for later use as I did here).

So, because the pages are not meant for heavy media - this is just 80lbs - I had to fuse at least four pages together using Modge Podge Glue and Sealer.

Then, I was free to glue scraps of old calendar sheets I saved (every artist needs to have some kind of scraps container) as well as photos and then paint over with gesso and acrylic paint, adding stamps and scribbles to top it off.


This is stage 1: I glued down scraps of printed paper and pictures

The end result
Right page

Left page


Favorite Things about this journal:

  • I  love the size as there is so much I can do on each page (though sometimes it is cumbersome to carry around)
  • I like how durable it feels (because of the sewn spine)

Regarding today's page - I wish I had avoided the buckling more. Usually when I use an old debit card to smooth out the background it helps but here it had a mind of it's own! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment