Friday, August 1, 2014

Pages from Two Organizational Notebooks

Hey there!

As I've said on this page, I have more than 100 notebooks and so I have to have some way of keeping track of them all and making sure that they are utilized in the most meaningful way possible. I suppose this is my way of making some sense and order out of my incurable compulsion to buy them. I wouldn't say that I am uber organized, but I do love lists, charts, tables, and the like. Maybe I am a little organized.

I used to just have a long list scribbled somewhere of the type of notebook it was, what I intended to use it for, and the dates they were started and completed, but I needed to also separate them into five sections - Sketchbooks, Art Journals, Watercolor, Writing and Miscellaneous, and so when I found this great 8 x 8 spiral travel book at Michaels, already with tabs, I was super excited.


I attached this mini-chalkboard and wrote the title in Liquid Paper

This chart is everything!
This was such a wonderful way for me to see just how many art journals, writing notebooks and sketchbooks I have accumulated, and appreciate them all in their uniqueness.

Another book that helps me stay organized is this fat little MARKINGS book, in which I supplied my own tabs and used a Rub-on Applique with a great message - Live Out Loud - on the cover.

I kept this cover simple and added my own tabs


I use this as an idea book as the next step after creating my "Types of Journals" Inspiration box, featured in the video below as #4:


So, once I got these ideas for what type of journal I wanted to create, I found I needed somewhere to flesh out the content.


For instance, now I will have all those great ideas for my foodie journal in one place. I haven't decided on which notebook I will use for that task, but I will be sure to make that notation here as well as in my notebook log!

Is it strange that I am this excited about organizing my notebooks and constantly generating ideas for my journals? Perhaps, but normal is boring, I say! ;)

Take care.

-W.  

No comments:

Post a Comment