Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Page from my Travel Sketchbook

Hey guys,

Since I finally went to see my family in Georgia a week before my summer ends, I had to take along a light-weight portable sketchbook. This 7 x 10  Catchet Travel Sketcbook with mixed-media grade paper, a magnet-close and free round paintbrush was a perfect choice. I have mostly been doing quick watercolor and line illustrations of scenes around the house.

Basement view of the garden at the side of the house

Kitchen window view of the neighbor's

I used to have an aversion to spiral bound books but they have begun to grow on me because they are so versatile: pages are easily removed, easily turned and secured. I only disliked that sometimes the ring holding pages together would become defective and sometimes pages would escape and that would be quite irritating while I'm working but this usually happened only after many uses.





With hardbound books, there is a chance the spine will buckle under the weight of mixed media (although pages are carefully removed to factor in these concerns). Here, I have only been using watercolors so far but I also plan to do collages and I'm happy to know it will withstand heavy media as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment